Vegan Omelet

vegan omelet

Yes you read it right: what you can see in this picture is an egg-free and totally plant based omelet.

It has actually become my newest obsession: the taste and the texture are amazing, even better than the eggy one.

I used to see plenty of recipes on the internet that included chickpea flour. And I never wanted to give it a try because... for me, it was just a useful ingredient for those who cannot digest gluten. And I don't have any problem with gluten.

But I was more and more interested by the possibility of making a kind of mocked omelet by using this ingredient. So, I've bought, for the first time in my life, a huge pack of chickpea flour and tried to ensure myself that, if omelet and other stuffs don't work, it seems that it's always possible to make hummus with that.

And I've prepared, for the first time of my life, a vegan omelet: a pure revelation! Nobody needs egg, chickpea flour is the solution! It's life, it's love, it can fix everything that's wrong in the world! (Hey... I think I've heard that before...)


Soooooooo let's move to the recipe!


Ingredients:

            for the "egg" mixture:

- 1/4 cup of chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened non dairy milk
- 1tbs nutritional yeast
- 1tbs dried cives (it's up to you to use fresh cives or leaves instead)
- 1/2tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2ts turmeric
- 1/2ts garlic powder
- a pinch of baking soda
- a pinch of himalayan salt
- pepper to taste

        for the filling:

- 1/5 zucchini
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 cherry tomatoes cut in 3 pieces

- oil to cook


Instructions:

In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Then add the liquid and whisk well. Set it aside.
Cut zucchini and bell pepper into small cubes. Heat a pan, put you cut vegetables and add a little bit of boiling water to help it cook. When they're soften enough, place them in a little bowl.

Add a little bit of oil in the pan. Pour the "egg" mixture into it and distribute it correctly. When small bubbles are coming to appear, put all your vegetables in half of the crepe. Flip the remaining half to cover the other. Then flip your omelet to cook on both sides.

Tadaaaaa!

I choose to have mine with my homemade kimchi and cherry tomatoes. Feel free to envoy it with whatever you like: a little salad, spinach, shredded carrots, olives,...


Comments

  1. Thank you for your comment. How does it turn out with silken tofu?
    No, my real name is Camélia =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts