Chocolate bowl cake

Chocolate bowl cake

This is the easiest way to treat yourself for breakfast or even for a quick dessert.

This chocolate bowl cake constitute a healthier alternative to regular processed cakes : it doesn't contain extra sugar (if you choose unsweetened cocoa powder) nor fats. It's gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and chocolaty (I just created this word and I think I'm going to place it on my sentences on a regular basis... util someone tell me to stop...)

It's also an extremely affordable recipe that can be easily followed by dorm students. No fancy stuffs: all you need is a few cheap ingredients, a bowl, a blender or food processor and a microwave.

Do you have that in your kitchen? So you should give it a try!

I just have a little thing to admit: I had a pretty hard time to try to remove the cake from the bowl. Considering the fact that I really didn't want to add any extra fat, I didn't grease the bowl before pouring the batter... I recommend to put parchment paper or grease a little to avoid that issue. Otherwise you'll have to face the same problem as me and... spend long minutes to succeed on the realization of a recipe that had originally been created in order to avoid waste of time.


Ingredients:

- 3tbs oats
- 1tbs flax seeds
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 and 1/2 tbs non dairy milk
- 1tbs cocoa powder

Instructions:

In your blender or processor, mill your oats until you get a flour texture. Then, add flax seeds and process to ground. Put cocoa powder and continue to ground and mix well the dry ingredients. Then, add banana slices and non dairy milk. Process until everything is well combined.

Pour your mixture into a bowl and microwave it during 2 to 3 minutes.

Transfer into a plate and garnish with strawberries, almonds, shredded coconut,...

I used a very low quality cocoa powder, that's the reason why I had to put that much of it. It's up to you to adapt the cocoa quantity according to your taste and the quality of the product.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts